Frequently Asked Questions
Which essential oils are the best?
Always buy USDA Certified Organic oils to ensure they're 100% pure, undiluted, unadulterated, and without any pesticides, or GMOs. Our entire line of essential oils is USDA certified organic approved.Are there any oils that should NOT be used with the Herba Vera Nebulizer?
Yes. Oils extracted from resins, woods, or roots are more viscose, much thicker and will clog ANY nebulizer, including ours, really quickly. The following is a short list of medium and thick oils: ANISE, CASSIA BARK, CEDARWOOD, ATLAS, CEDARWOOD, VIRGINIAN (Cedar Leaf is safe for a nebulizer), CORIANDER, CINNAMON (Cinnamon Leaf is safe for a nebulizer), CUMIN, DAVANA, FENNEL, FRANKINCENSE (our Frankincense is steam distilled and safe to diffuse in a blend in the 1:10 ratio blend), HO WOOD, HOPS, JASMINE ABSOLUTE (all other varieties of Jasmine essential oil are safe for a nebulizer), MANUKA, MYRRH, NEROLI, PATCHOULI, PERU BALSAM, ROSE ABSOLUTE (Rose Essential Oil is safe), SANDALWOOD, SCOTCH PINE, SPIKENARD, TANSY, BLUE, TUBEROSE ABSOLUTE, VANILLA ABSOLUTE, VETIVER, VIOLET LEAF ABSOLUTE,YARROW, WINTERGREEN.
If you MUST use these oils, which we don't recommend, you may do so at your own risk, as clogging is not covered under our warranty since that is a lack of proper maintenance or using impure oils). If you MUST use these oils, you need to clean the nebulizer EVERY TIME AFTER you diffuse thick oils such as Frankincense, Myrrh, Sandalwood, and other oils extracted from the resins or roots of plants or trees. These medium or thick oils should be used only sporadically with any nebulizer. If you must use these oils, they should NEVER be diffused alone but only mixed with other essential oils that are not thick in a 1:10 ratio (use 1 ml of medium or thick oil for each 10 ml of thin oil). Typically thin oils are those extracted from herbs, spices, flowers, and plant or tree leaves. For a list of what oils blend well with these medium or thick oils, please check every essential oil page detailed description under the section "Aromatic Profile & Blending" tab under each essential oil page where you'll find which essential oils blend well together.
To ensure your nebulizer will run well for years to come, it's best to avoid using the nebulizer with these thick oils; you can still use them for topical aplications, cooking, cosmetic use, home cleaning, perfum making, and many other uses. A great alternative is to use them on an open fireplace by placing a drop or more on the wood log at least 1-2 hours prior to turning on the fireplace. That way you ensure the wood logs will absorb the oils well before the fire is turned on. Please check the product page details of each essential oil on our website to learn all the different ways on how to use them.
The Herba Terra Nebulizer will NOT work with any of the following oils: artificial/synthetic oils, commercial fragrance oils, fresheners, perfumes sold as home or commercial odorizers, essential oils mixed with carrier oils (many essential oils blends sold today are mixed with carrier oils, so make sure these blends contain only a mix of essential oils), and colloidal silver. The only oils suitable for the Herba Terra Nebulizer are the ones that are 100% genuine essential oils. Most essential oils labeled as "100% pure" are not in fact pure. To ensure you purchase only genuine essential oils that are 100% pure, undiluted and unadulterated, we ONLY recommend using USDA Certified Organic essential oils which are guaranteed to be undiluted.
How do I use essential oils?
Before you use any essential oil, it's important that you first make sure you're not allergic to it. Allergies are rare, but they do happen. The best way to find out is by doing an "arm test." Pour a few drops of 100% pure tea tree oil on a cotton swab and dab a small amount onto your inner arm. If you're allergic, you'll know it: your arm will soon become red or irritated. If this is the case, that particular essential oil is not for you. If you don't have an allergic reaction, you can go on to use tea tree oil as described below.Where can I find some information on how should I best use the Australian tea tree oil?
You could get a copy by email of our detailed Free Guide "Tea Tree Oil- 87 Uses and Benefits" by signing up for our newsletter on the homepage or sending us an email from our CONTACT page. The information on this 15-page guide will answer most if not all your questions regarding the tea tree oil.How do I use the Herba Vera Nebulizer Diffuser?
You simply open the diffuser by rotating it as indicated by the arrows shown on the device. Then unscrew the bottle that came with it, pour up 1 oz of essential oil inside the bottle (but below the mark on the bottle), screw the bottle, then the top half of the diffuser back on. Plug the diffuser cord into the wall, adjust the settings of the aroma from your remote control and now your diffuser is ready to use. Or simply refer to our Instructions Manual which has detailed information with images on how to use and maintain the device. Each diffuser shipment comes with a written instructions manual. If you cannot find the instructions or need an additional copy, please send us a reguest on our CONTACT page and we'll send you a copy of the instructions promptly. To expedite your request, please make sure you place in your email's title this subject line "Diffuser instructions manual request".How do I maintain and clean the Herba Terra Nebulizer Diffuser?
Our diffuser is the EASIEST DEVICE in aromatherapy world to clean because is SELF-CLEANING! unlike the rest of diffusers sold today which require soap and water. All you have to do is add about 1/2 ounce (half of bottle) of rubbing alcohol inside the nebulizer bottle, turn the diffuser on, then program the nebulizer to diffuse the alcohol with the remote control timer for 1 hour, and let it run on its own. You need to do this once a week, regardless of how much you use the nebulizer in order to prevent clogging (which is a common issue with all diffusers and nebulizers). This procedure will also clean the atomizer and the siphon which filter the essential oils. When the time is up, empty or replace the bottle, pour an essential oil of your choice and now it's ready to be used. Our diffuser was designed to work ONLY with 100% essential oils. Using water, adulterated essential oils mixed with water or carrier oils, synthetic oils, commercial home fragrances or artificial oils will void the 12-month warranty. Maintaining your diffuser in optimal condition ensures a long time lifespan and a more enjoyable experience for you in the years to come.What's included in the one year warranty for my Herba Vera Nebulizer Diffuser?
We offer a FREE one year warranty on our diffuser for any deffects and electrical issues. We also offer a post-warranty service for a fee after the one-year warranty period expires.
Does the nebulizer work without the remote control in case I lose it?
Yes, the nebulizer can be operated by plugging its power cord directly into the wall. However, without the remote control you don't have the option to choose among all the 16 different settings offered by remote control to adjust the mist aroma, the speed, the timer, the interval , and the auto-shut off mode of this powerful nebulizer. We sell the remote control separately, along other replacement parts and accessories for the nebulizer on the NEBULIZER & ACCESSORIES page on our website.
Which essential oils I can use directly on the skin?
As a general rule, essential oils SHOULD ALWAYS be diluted when applied to the skin with the exception of very few oils such as tea tree, helycrhysum, frankincense, myrrh, and a few more others. This short chart will teach you more about dilution guidelines for skin applications.
Can tea tree oil be taken orally?
No. Never swallow tea tree oil. It can be highly toxic if taken internally. Werecommend it for external use only and it should be used with caution for pets, as it could be toxic in large doses or if taken internally. For detailed explanations on how to use it, please refer to our Free E-Guide "Tea Tree Oil- 87 Uses and Benefits", which you will receive when you sign up for our Newsletter on the home page of our website. To get a copy of this 15 page-guide, please send us a request through our CONTACT page.Do your products contain parabens or other chemicals?
All our essential oils are natural and USDA certified organic, free of mineral and synthetic oils, parabens, paraffin, sulfates, phthalates, DEA, artificial colors, and fragrances.Are your products tested on animals?
Absolutely NOT. We at Herba Terra Organics love all animals, are animal advocates, and we are against animal testing of any kind. All our product are cruelty-free, never tested on animals.Can I use essential oils if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Like with any essential oils, you should probably ask your doctor. Some doctors have differing opinions when it comes to natural therapies. They'll tell you to stay away from something that seems totally harmless and natural, but won't say anything against parabens, sulfates, and propylene gylcol…which are in almost every product on the market. However, to be on the safe side, check with your doctor first.How long will essential oils last?
Our essential oils are good for up to 2-5 years from the time of purchase if it's not opened, and 6 months to one year from the time of breaking the seal of the bottle. Some essential oils such as Pachouli and those extracted from plant or tree roots resins can last longer than 5 years, depending on their quality and also the storage method. (we can only speak for our oils' quality). Cheaper oils that are diluted or altered will go rancid much sooner. However for maximum effectiveness, we recommend using the oil within a year after purchase; when storing your oils you need to make sure they remain in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat, light, and humidity- these are the biggest enemies of essential oils as they change their structure and damage their therapeutic effectiveness. We don't recommend storing essential oils in the bathroom. Also, make sure the cap is closed tightly.How long does the Herba Terra Diffuser will last?
Our diffuser is made entirely of food grade sturdy Aluminum and its main components are made of high-quality material, unlike most diffusers that are made entirely from plastic which corrodes and leaks when in contact with the oils like most other diffusers. Our diffuser is unbreakable. That means that with proper care, your diffuser can last for many, many years. The diffuser's lifetime depends on how well it's maintained. Its original pump is made to last up to 8000 hours. So far, we had customers who bought our nebulizer(s) in 2016 and told us theirs are still working 6 years later. Our diffuser could work continuously for 8 hrs/day 5 times/week for a total of 2080 hrs/year without clogging or any other problems. At this rate, the diffuser original will last about 6 years or more. If you use it for less than 8 hours a day, 5 times a week, your diffuser's original pump could last much longer. Most diffusers from other brands and companies will stop working long before a year.Besides Australian Tea Tree Oil are there other tea tree oils on the market?
Yes, there are. Make sure you pay attention to the tea tree oil made in China, that's also falsely labeled as "Australian" Tea Tree Oil for the simple reason that comes from seeds imported from Australia. If the bottle doesn't say "Made in Australia", then it's probably the diluted oil version made in China that could contain other synthetic oils, which explains the cheaper price. To avoid buying cheap adulterated, fake Australian tea tree oil, avoid buying it from Amazon, most of those are made in China probably. That is NOT the best or the purest because the Tea Tree is ONLY native to Australia. The native Australian tea trees are chemically unique and proven superior in all the world. If you want to get results, the Australian tea tree oil made in Australia is the only choice. Using the WRONG TEA TREE OIL, as in an adulterated (diluted with other synthetic oils) or expired oil, COULD create a medical emergency!What sets your diffuser apart from the rest of the diffusers on the market today?
- BEST Quality Diffuser on the Market, Guaranteed: We believe so much in the quality of our product that we offer a 1-year warranty. After the 1st year, we offer paid services for parts and repairs. Our diffuser is made of quality materials: aluminum, not plastic, which corrodes and leaks into the oils, high-quality parts made in Japan and Taiwan and only assembled in China, unlike 99% of all diffusers manufactured entirely in China. When you buy our diffuser you get the maximum therapeutic benefits with your essential oils, unlike when using the cheaper, low quality, self-proclaimed diffusers which are nothing more than glorified humidifiers, which only distributes the aroma of the essential oil without its therapeutic benefits.The Nanotechnology component in the Herba Terra diffuser is the latest technology in the scenting industry. It works by using high amounts of air pressure to compress oils into a dry mist of nanoparticles and ensures consistent and subtle scenting without high or low points in the scenting process.
- BEST Therapeutic Effect Guaranteed: the difference between a cold air diffuser and other diffusers-heat is the enemy of essential oils! Essential oils are very delicate and volatile. When heated, their therapeutic benefits are destroyed. Many so-called diffusers work by heating the essential oils and sometimes involve adding water to assist in the evaporation process. They work like humidifiers and not true diffusers. Furthermore, scents that are diffused through methods that involve heat do not disperse well in large areas nor does their scent last long as the heated oil molecules fall down when they come in contact with the cool air.
- LOWEST Oil Consumption: 1 ml/hour!!! Super efficient, it uses very small amount of oil. When used in the recommended settings of max 8 hours/day a bottle last approximately 1 month, if it’s running for less time, then it will last longer. The exact length of time will depend on the chosen on/off times, the density of the aroma, and most importantly on the quality of the essential oil. Other nebulizing diffusers use almost 5 times as much than ours, and some even more than that.
- MAXIMUM Device Longevity: ours is made from 2 mm thick Aluminum material, which is unbreakable. Our diffuser could work continuously for 8 hrs/day 5 times/week for a total of 2080 hrs/year without clogging or any other problems. Other diffuser stop working if they will be used as much.
- MAXIMUM Return on Investment and Money Saver: when you purchase our oil diffuser, you will get a return on investment much faster than with a regular diffuser which will get clogged within a couple of months, and stop working. Also, a regular diffuser uses much oil than our diffuser, so, within a year, you’re spending more money on buying more essential oils (which over time cost a lot of money), and probably on purchasing another diffuser. At a consumption rate of 2oz/ 60ml of essential oil per month at a median price of 50 cents per ml of essential oils, you'll spend $30 on oils monthly with our diffuser. Most diffusers will set you back about $150/ month on oils (because they use 5x more oils than our diffuser). And that's a conservative quantity of essential oils that most diffusers use per month. The Herba Terra diffuser could be yours for free in as short as 2-3 months by saving 5 times fewer oils, and after the first few months, it will continue to save you hundreds or thousands of dollars on oils every year depending on how much essential oils you diffuse.
- SUPER Easy Maintenance: unlike the cheaper diffuser that requires being cleaned with soap and water (which is a big no, no because soap leaves residue inside the diffuser), our oil diffuser is SELF-CLEANING! All you have to do is place about 1/2 oz of rubbing alcohol inside the nebulizer bottle and diffusing it by programming the nebulizer with the remote control for 1 hour. It takes 5 seconds to do this, and our nebulizer will SELF-CLEAN in one hour, and after the time is up, it will shut off automatically. It's that simple!
- SAFE on Furniture: Since our unit uses cold air diffusion technology, there is no residue, and is, therefore, safe to use around furniture, equipment, and art unlike the cheap oil diffusers that use water and/or heat.
What is your shipping time?
We ships all orders within 1-2 business days (except for orders placed after 12 pm on Fridays, during holidays and weekends) through all major carriers. We don't ship orders outside the US market at this time.
Do you offer FREE shipping?
Yes, all orders above $139 will be shipped for FREE to all continental US. However, packages sent to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico will be subject to air shipping fees, as they are unable to use Flat Rate Ground Shipping. The available air shipping options and fees will be displayed during checkout. Our free shipping offer does not apply to these three locations metioned above.
What is your return policy?
Herba Terra Organics strives to offer the highest quality essential oils and cold air nebulizer diffusers; however, if you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we'll refund your purchase within 30 days of your order. Please follow the instructions here to read more about our refund/return policies.What types of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discovery. We do not accept personal checks and money orders.
How can I reach customer service if I have any questions?
You can reach us by email by sending us a message on our CONTACT PAGE or via phone at 757 204 5594, Mon - Fri 10 am- 5 pm EST.