Everybody loves to eat, especially at Holiday parties, so why not do it without the guilt? So often the snacks you spring for are not the best for you- to be honest. So why not choose to snack on delicious, tasty foods which are also good for a healthy body and mind- at the same time?
Well, with recipes like ours today you can “have your cake and eat it too” because you no longer have to sacrifice taste when you opt-in for healthy foods like it used to be a while ago. With these healthy recipe ideas below, you can indulge in your favorite foods without having any regrets or feeling worse the next day.
So make the most delicious Holidays party platter with these delicious and healthy appetizers and wow your friends with a new burst of flavor by adding some of our favorite essential oils to some of the most popular recipes.
Vegan Nachos (gluten and dairy free)
Makes: 8 servings
- 2 large bags of tortilla chips
- 1 cup vegan Daiya cheddar cheese (or make your own)
- 1 16-ounce can black beans or lentils
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- fresh jalapeños (optional)
- sliced red onion
- hot sauce (optional)
- 2 fresh avocados to garnish (optional)
- fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the tortilla chips in a single layer then spread 1/2 of the cheese amount on top.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients from above and stir; when warm, turn the heat off and transfer over the first layer of cheese.
- Add the rest of cheese on top and bake for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh avocado slices and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping, and optionally with hummus, guacamole, and salsa. Serve immediately.
Homemade Guacamole with Basil Oil
- 4 medium avocados smashed
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 drop of USDA organic Basil essential oil
- 1 red medium onion, minced
- 1 crushed raw garlic clove
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Combine all ingredients together and mash with a fork for a chunkier texture, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with cut veggie sticks such as celery, raw carrots, cucumbers, jicama, cauliflower, kohlrabi. For a healthier version than traditional corn tortillas, you can opt for any of these: chips jicama, sweet potato, plantain, quinoa tortillas or any gluten-free tortillas.
Check our flavorful Vegan and Soy/Dairy/Gluten-free recipe below
Quinoa Hummus with Lemon and Rosemary Oils
HOT FOODS IDEAS
Here are some other tasty ideas for your super bowl party that are sure to please a crowd.
One-minute Tomato Sauce recipe with Basil Oil
If you plan on doing meatballs, a hot tomato soup, or homemade pizza for your holiday party this year, this simple trick will change these ordinary foods into something spectacular that will have all friends raving about.
1-16 oz canned tomato sauce (organic preferably)
1 drop of USDA organic Basil essential oil
Instructions: Take your ordinary tomato sauce to the next level with this simple twist- add ONE simple drop of basil oil to 1 entire 16 oz jar of tomato sauce, mix well and use us for your meatballs, tomato soup, or for a homemade pizza. (For a stronger flavor, you can add another drop of basil oil, which should be more than enough as the oil is strong). The pizza will smell and taste amazing, nothing like your typical pizza, where you can neither smell, nor taste the basil almost at all. The flavor of the basil oil in your tomato pizza will make all the difference in the world- it’s mouthwatering, healthy- you won’t be able to stop eating until you finish the entire pizza!
If you find yourself too stressed out to make dessert for your party, our fruit dip will be your best go-to for a ONE minute, easy and healthy solution. You can't get this one wrong!
- 1 cup coconut or almond yogurt (dairy and lectin-free)
- juice of 1 lime
- Erythritol to taste (or stevia)
- 1-2 drop of your favorite essential oils. We recommend any of these USDA organic oils: Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Clove, Juniper, or Lemongrass.
Instructions: Mix all these ingredients together and enjoy with your favorite fruits! You could mix some of these flavors if you’d like, but each on its own is great as it is. For fruit dippers, you can add some cut fruits such as apples, peaches, pears, strawberries, green mango.
TIP: You can add the essential oils drops to one cup of yogurt and then freeze if you want to serve frozen yogurt, which is so yummy.
This is how we should be eating.
So please take control back of what you’re putting in your body and invite all your friends over for the big game party to enjoy with them these delicious and healthy recipes.
Now tell us, what are your favorite snacks or comfort foods? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Also, please share this recipe with your friends and family! Look for the social media “SHARE” buttons here, at the bottom of this post.
For more healthy and delicious recipes check our blog.